Friday, December 9, 2011

Another princess

Finally a LO from me. I have not had the energy to scrapbook lately but I hope that I'm up and going again. I've done a page for the Scrap the Girls challenge of using baby photos to fit in with Christmas, the birth of Jesus. This is the true meaning of Christmas for my family and so it was nice to do a challenge around this theme.
 I scrapped photos of my 4th child when she was only a few hours old.
I used glitter mist for the background first using a butterfly mask and then to add some splatter paint effect. I saw the bunting idea from one of my patchwork magazines where they used it for a welcome sign. I had the perfect stickers to give it a sewn look.

A homemade flower using a scallop circle punch and chipboard button. I have stamped a shipping tag and added a cute little shaker button.

A close up of my bunting and a fabric flower I got from a friend. I found this little metal star in my stash which I hung from a ribbon.

Till next time, happy crafting.

3 comments:

Marelize said...

I love the misting Elaine and the banner is gorgeous! Gorgeous layout of your sweet baby girl. :)

Paula said...

Lovely misting & layout! Brilliant 'new born' photos :)

Kerryn said...

Such a pretty page. I love how you used a banner for the name of your daughter. Thanks for playing at STG :).