Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Baptism

I'm into my scrapbooking this year and enjoying it through-out the holidays. I came across this new challenge blog; Sketches with a Twist, and since I enjoy sketches, I joined in.
The reason I love scrapbooking is because if photos aren't perfect, you can crop or cover bad parts. I have been reluctant to scrapbook these photos because they didn't turn out very well, and for a very special day, I was really disappointed. My son being Autistic is not good at photos and he was not going to co-operate for these ones.
This sketch made me get them out and scrap them remembering they are still memories for my daughter one day.

The twist was to use 2 different fonts in the title. I do like the look of the first letter being different and went with that for this LO. I have sewn in different places around the LO and did some doodling as well. I distressed and ripped my background paper.

I sponge inked my tag, added a wire love heart, rubons, stamped bird and a homemade crochet flower. I enjoy making little clusters.

The lighting doesn't do the LO justice but I grab what daylight I can, since most of it is spent at the beach these past weeks.

I have this week left of swimming lessons and then 1 more week of school holidays, where I promised my daughter some sewing time with me, but hopefully I can squeeze some more scrapping in.

Till then, take care.

5 comments:

LisaB said...

Love the Layout! Sometimes it is hard to get good pictures when you have several people in the picture. I love using all the different pictures together!
Thanks for playing along!
LisaB ~ SWAT DT

Anonymous said...

what a sweet layout! I love all the photos and that cute little crochet flower, nice touch! thanks so much for playing along with us at SWAT :)
Laurie-SWAT DT

Lizzyc said...

what a precious memory you have scrapped here.. i love how the background paper suit the timber in the photos... beautiful layout using multi photos... thanks for joining in at Sketches with a twist!!

Raechelle Bellus said...

What a beautiful layout! your pp colors really enhance the wonderful photos. Thanks for playing along with us this month at SWAT!

ddazzled71 said...

You have captured this occasion so beautifully with your lovely photos and take on this sketch. The colours and your take on our twist of the two font title are wonderful. I wouldn't have even thought of teaming purple with brown but I love it. Great Job!