Saturday, June 15, 2013

Recycle

Good evening,
This month at ARTastic we are using this beautiful work by environmental artist Susan Schenk for our inspiration and using the recycled aspect for our criteria.



The challenge was to use mostly recycled items, but for the remainder of the month you only need to include at least 3 recycled items.
Now for my inspiration:
 I've used photos of my favourite bird, the blue wren. They are shy little birds so I was so happy to get a photo of both the female and male. I have used all recycled items except for the scrapbook page itself. I used packaging from scrapbook items, clothing tags, twine, burlap and buttons.

 My children made recycled paper at school and I gladly used it for them. I made this flower using a pattern used for fabric flowers. I am so happy how it turned out. The button is from a jar of buttons I bought at a local op shop.

Here I have used a doily and also a page from a magazine which I have punched with a scallop punch and then punched eyelet holes.

There is so much inspiration from the Creative Team at ARTastic, so why don't you head over and see how maybe you can join in this challenge.

5 comments:

Lizzyc said...

Oh how sweet, I love these happy little birds too.. we get them here.. I love all your recycled items especially the flower!!

Marelize said...

Wow! These photos are stunning Elaine! I love the added bits of blue on the layout, providing just the perfect touch! Beautiful page. :)

Lizzy Hill said...

This is really gorgeous ..I love the wrens, too, although we have resident wily wag tail who is such fun to have around:):):):)

Mrs Rogers said...

Elaine, I love this page you have created, so lovely. Your flower made from hand made paper is my favourite.

Anonymous said...

Elaine so great !