Saturday, February 7, 2015

My Girl

Hello to you all,
The kids are at school and I had a quiet week, as in noise wise. I did catch up on everything that went by the wayside during the holidays so I'm feeling a bit organised again.
I've had time to do a page for the challenge at White With One. I'm enjoying their challenges and this month made me scrap with a colour I rarely use, orange, well Celosia Orange to be exact.

I found so many papers in my stash because I have never used them! I have layered them at different places to create a background for my photo. I saw the orange bling flowers at a shop and knew I had to put them on my page. I didn't have any orange mist so I splattered food colouring with a paint brush. Always to good to find an improvisation. 

 No girly page is complete without some flowers and to add a soft touch, I've used pearls instead of bling.

Thank you so much for the many kind comments on my January page for White With One. They were very special to read.


10 comments:

Lizzyc said...

This looks lovely! Love the happy photo and the splatters on your background are a perfect finishing touch! Thanks for joining in with White With One this month,

Tania said...

Super sweet layout just as your title says. Love the bling embellishments. Thanks for joining us this month at WW1 :)

Louise Turner Scrapbooker said...

I love the simplicity of this layout. It's eye catching but not overdone. Very pretty!

Katie said...

This is beautiful! Thanks for playing along with us at WW1.

Traceyleahenly said...

A very girly, beautiful layout. thanks for playing along at white with one

scrapwitch said...

simple sweet and what a gorgeous child

Nicole Doiron said...

This layout is so sweet! You did an excellent job with the Celosia Orange challenge! Thank you for playing along at White with 1!

Heidi said...

Beautiful layout, Thank you for playing along at WW1

Rikki Graziani said...

Love your use of white space and the pops of orange. Thanks for playing along with WW1

Cheers Janet xx said...

a well set out and thought out layout.. thanks so much for playing along with WW1 this month.