Wow, the challenge over at
ARTastic was a hard one for me this month. Mainly to do a layout of myself, but also firstly, to get in front of the camera instead of behind.
The challenge was based on this painting,
and also:
1. A Color or Black and White pic ofyourself = 1pt
2. Shades of Red and Maroon colors (Monochramatic) = 2pts
3. Include a hat or gloves somewhere on the layout = 3pts
 |
| My finished LO. I have gone with Maroon, being close to my favourite colour. I have sponged ink in the background with a doily mask. I have ripped my papers and layered them to form my background for my photo. |
 |
| I have a new printer! Yay, I can computer journal again. I was playing around on my computer and came across this cool journalling block. I have focused on the 4 closest things to my heart for my journalling. The love heart stamp is from Stampin Up set Gentler Times stamped in Cranberry Crisp, with some rhinestones added. |
 |
| My hat and gloves. I made gloves out of lace. So elegant. I have also handstitched the side of the LO and a rub on from American Craft as well. The stamp is from the set as the love heart. |
 |
My handmade crochet flowers put together to form one flower.
I'm really happy with the end result and hope you like it too. The school holidays are keeping me busy along with visitors so scrapbooking is not really happening lately, unfortunately. Hopefully it won't be too long between posts. |
11 comments:
Hello there;0) I love the misted doilies and the crocheted flowers are beautiful! Great pic of you too! Thank you for joining us over at ARTastic;0)
Hugs xx
Cecelia B
Elaine, you have created such a lovely page for this months ARTastic challenge with so many interesting things to look at and admire. Love how you have made your own lace gloves and flowers. Lucky you having a new printer, like how it makes that journalling block.
Sarah xxoo
Great LO, Elaine! Love your journaling block and your very excellent photo! Your crochet flower is lovely and great misting done on your LO! Thanks for playing along at ARTastic!
Hugs, RobinJ
Hi Elaine!
A great entry this month for the 'Octoroon Girl' challenge. I love your lacy hat and gloves...great idea! Gorgeous crochet flower. Glad you got in front of the camera this month :)
Great work!
Cheers
shazza
Wow Elaine there are so many gorgeous features to look at in your LO - the misting, the quotes, the lovely handstamped images! You have done a superb job of capturing the challenge perfectly this month!
Michelle :) xx
Hello Elaine - glad you had a go at this challenge - your LO is beautiful. Great pic and lots of lovely elements make it nice to look at - thanks for joining us.
(am sitting in the car with my laptop, catching up on my commeting - can't wait to get creating again - but may have to wait - by the looks of emails, the week already looks scheduled - think I might hide!! See you soon.)
What a wonderful page just about you Elaine! Love your photo & beautiful embellies, & great journaling...splendid work. Thank you for joing us at ARTastic!
This is awesome!!! Fabulous page...lovely photo too... Thanks for playing along with US over at ARTastic... hugs...xoxo
this is great, i love it all
I love this, the way you patchworked those sayings is gorgeous and the little crochet bits and well the photo is gorgeous of you, what a great smile you have. Love Melxx
WOW That is AMAZING!!! And I LOVE that photo of you - any chance u have a digital copy of that? :) love u lots xx Samantha
Post a Comment