Sunday, April 1, 2012

Beautiful girl

 Now for the scrapping I have had to keep quiet till now. For my very good friend's birthday, I've made a canvas of each of her 3 children. It was the first time I've done canvases and I'm hooked. 
I've always loved the Let's get Shabby challenge blog but it's been a long time since I've joined in. The colours from the inspiration photo and the fact that my friend had mentioned she loved spring when the kids could walk around bare feet again gave me the inspiration I needed for this canvas.
I first glimmer misted and stamped the background then using a range of papers and rub ons added the elements around the photos. Not to forget the pink doily strip that set the perfect background for the little photos.

I loved the greens and pinks from the photo and have used them as my main colours. I stamped the shipping tag with the beautiful butterfly background stamp from Kaiser craft. Butterflies are what I think of when I think of spring and I also love adding them to girl LOs.

My little of cluster of flowers with some pearls. I love the extra touch pearls and rhinestones give to a LO.

My friend absolutely loved her gift(s) and I'm really pleased to give her a homemade gift she can treasure for a long time. I will post the other 2 a bit later today when I have a bit more time.

7 comments:

mandysea said...

This s really sweet Elaine! THe misting is just gorgeous and love the crochet doily and trim! thanks for playing along with Shabby!

Julie said...

This is gorgeous. Thanks for playing with us at shabby.

Gayle Price said...

What a beautiful canvas creation, and so representative of Spring. Beautiful photos too. Thanks for playing along with us at Lets Get Shabby.

yumiko said...

Your layout is so beautiful and these photos are so cute!!!Thank you for playing along with us at Shabby!!!

Christiane Courtin-Mangez said...

Your Layout is gorgeous. Thanks for playing along with us at shabby.

JaN's ArTy JouRneY said...

Your canvas is gorgeous!..Love the background!..Thank you for playing along with us at Shabby :)

Magda(i)Lena said...

Beautiful! Thank you for playing along with us at Shabby.