Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Enjoy

There is nothing nicer in winter then to rug up and go down to the beach to get some fresh air. And after a storm there are always 'treasures' to find. I love these photos of my youngest simply happy to be out and free, enjoying the big world out there.
I did this LO for the 123 challenge with the criteria being;
WORD- enjoy
COLOUR-orange and
TECHNIQUE- using bakers twine.
I got the idea of the flower's from Ella's jacket and used bakers twine to create the flourish effect. The colours of the photos and the orange worked perfectly together and came together nicely. I have always wanted to try a photo with a paint smudge behind it after seeing it on several LOs and love the way it worked out.

A prima flower and some other paper flowers I had. I did computer journalling with a border around it and then inked the edges.

I don't use a lot of orange in my LOs but after this one I'm definitely going to use it more often. See you soon for another LO, yes I did say I had been busy.

2 comments:

Sharon said...

Hi Elaine

Thanks for your comment on my blog, it was lovely to catch up again but ashame you couldn't stay another day.

I love this layout. The orange is gorgeous and the flowers running down like that looks fantastic. You are so lucky you have such beautiful handwriting.

Loved your Mothers Day prayer too, just lovely!

Hope to catch up again next time.

Take care

Charmane said...

Hi Elaine!

Great use of Orange on your layout! Love it! Thanks for joining in at the 123 Challenge xo Charmane