Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Last 2

I'm onto the last two LOs I did for the month. All done at the scrapbook retreat, so it was a very productive time.

I did a LO of my two youngest playing dolls, their main past time. The challenge at Scrap the Girls was to include the quote:

"Having a sister is like having a best friend you can't get rid of. 

You know whatever you do, they'll still be there." Amy Li

Amy will put up with all of Ella's antics while playing dolls and this quote and photos went well together. Ella has her sunnies upside down and thought it was cool to put them on her head like Dad.
I have had these papers in my stash for ages actually years and so it was good to actually use them. I printed out the quote and doodled around it a bit to make it less formal.
My bunting which was made from a punch and I added stitching, a pearl and a brad. I also used ribbon tape and a homemade crochet flower.
I cut out a bag from some leftover paper and added some bling. In the cluster is also some cuttings from doilies and a chipboard mannequin from Dusty Attic which I painted white.


The next LO is another one from out afternoon at the beach. I used the challenge from Bird is the Word-Smile, for this LO. 
 I first glimmer misted the background using a mask before using the pink and blue cardstock, the colour which I got from the photos
I made a bunting out of burlap and glimmer misted two of them pink, and stapled them onto twine with some buttons. My title is done with foam letters I picked up at a local discount store.

Some burlap and also fibres added to the LO.

That is my LOs for the month and lots of photos scrapped, it feels really good. Hopefully next month I will be able to scrap throughout the month instead of all in one go. Then again, the retreat was great so I'm not complaining ☺

See you next month.

5 comments:

donna said...

thanks for playing along with us at STG this month.. both of your layouts are beautiful

ANUPAMA CHOUDARY said...

Love your girly pages! Very sweet.

Marisa said...

Love both of your pages Elaine :) thanks for playing along at STG.

Paula said...

Sweet layouts...love the textures & details on both! :)

LolĂ´ Artesanato said...

Wonderful pages Dear
Tks for playing along us at BITW
xx
Leila