Friday, January 18, 2013

Grandad and Amy

My summer holidays at the moment involve two weeks of vac swim at the beach and so we have enjoyed the sun and relaxing time it provides but doesn't leave much time for crafting. We had one miserable day so it was a lazy day at home so I had time to complete another page. This one I did for Stuck Sketches, first time to enter into one of their great challenges.

A page of my Dad with Amy, these 2 have a special bond.
I misted the background using a chicken wire template before adding layers of paper, flowers and doilies. The quote is from Kaiser craft rub on quotes.

Some texturing using a bird stencil

The different layers with a chipboard heart for the love these 2 have for each other.

I'm glad I found the time to join and had fun scrapping this photo with the sketch providing a good base but allowing my own style as well.

2 comments:

zenevak said...

A really lovely layout of a special moment captured!

Libby said...

Another beautiful layout! Really love the texturing.