Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Precious Time

I did a page for Once Upon a Sketch with the theme being guilty pleasures. I don't know if it's bad or not but I don't actually feel guilty for my many pleasures. One of the pleasures I do have is doing the bedtime routine with my 2 youngest. It's after dinner and it's very nice to escape the busy kitchen and family room and sit quietly with them for a story, singing and prayer. My husband and I take turns because we both enjoy it and don't enjoy doing the homework and cleaning up duties. I hope the girls like it as much as we do, otherwise it feels a bit bad doing it for ourselves. LOL.
 The background paper is an old one from Basic Grey. I loved the way it lent to writing and illustration. I placed my photo on 2 large matt paper to make it stand out from the busy background. For my embellishments I have used my new flourish die-cut, prima flowers and some mix and match paper flowers.
My computer journalling and a butterfly from a Kaiser craft diecut set.

We are enjoying some warm winter sun and the brightness it brings. Unfortunately it brings less scrapping time as I'm enjoying the outdoors but I should be back soon with another page. Till then, happy scrapping.

7 comments:

Lizzyc said...

Oh you should never feel guilty about spending precious time with your children and bed time routine becomes those special memories that they remember when they are old.. a really love layout with wonderful memories!!

Eila Sandberg said...

Chiming in with Lizzy here, the time spent with your children is so precious. I am also sure they will remember them with fondness when they get old. Thank you so much for sharing this with us at OUAS!

Romy said...

That is such a special photo and you documented it in a beautiful way on this lay-out. I love the cosy feel to it. Thank you so much for playing along at OUAS!

EFI said...

So lovely and special! Thank you so much for playing along with us at OUAS!

Cathy said...

Such a sweet and precious LO Elaine!! Thanks so much for sharing with us at OUAS!

Unknown said...

What a sweet and beautiful page!!! I really enjoyed your journaling!! SO glad you joined us at OUAS!

Unknown said...

Hi Elaine. What a gorgeous layout this is! Thank you for playing along with us at OUAS