Thursday, January 1, 2015

My hero

Hello and welcome,
What a great way to start the New Year by being able to post a scrapbook page for you😊.
ARTastic has had a fresh start with a new look blog and different dates for the year. The first challenge is inspired by this cute painting by Fintan Magee
The criteria this month is Anything goes!

Now for my page:
 I went with the hero theme, and the grunge feel of the painting. My son has Autism and each day is a challenge for him so he is my hero. I have used different papers and packaging to create my page. My colours are inspired from the painting but I swapped the red for orange.

 I'm not allowed to use flowers on his page, since his theory is they are for girls😊 so I have crocheted circles and made circle embellishments.

 Another circle I crocheted along with a wooden arrow.

I would like to wish you a happy and blessed 2015, and may you have a year full of great memories. Thank you for you support and comments on my posts this last year. I love hearing from you. This year will be a different year for me with all of my 4 children going to school😒. I still have to get use to the idea and I'm not sure if I look forward to the quiet it will bring, but I have plenty of crafts to fill my days and I hope to continue sharing them with you.



2 comments:

Lizzy Hill said...

I bet you get to LOOOVE your extra free time very quickly!!! And I love those crochet rounds...you clever cookie!!! Yep, boys can be very anti- flower, eh??!!!!! Fabbo page, as always:):)

Lizzyc said...

How lovely, what a sweet page!!