Friday, July 8, 2011

Blue Eyes

I have had this beautiful photo of my youngest waiting to be scrapped and when I saw the Inspiration challenge over at Get Picky, I straight away thought of it.
I have kept it fairly simple. I found a paper pad in Big W from DCWV called the Green Stack.  It has a lot of cute papers included. I have backed the photo with a different range of papers.  

I have stamped little trees from Stampin Up set Funky Four. Added some lace behind and some paper flowers in front.  I have also handstitched around this corner and the opposite corner. 

Our printer is not connecting so I had to hand journal. Not my  favourite but it came out alright. I have used rub ons from American Crafts - Accents to border my journalling and a few around the LO.

I love how it came together and it actually didn't take me that long for a change. The kids have the last day of school today before holidays so either I'll get more time to craft or I'll be way too busy. We'll see how I go.

5 comments:

Treesa said...

aww this is so sweet, love the owl, thanx for playing along with us at GP :)

Anita S said...

what a great layout. love ur journalling.

Nikki xx said...

gosh Elaine...your photo is just gorgeous! love those beautiful blue eyes! Thanks so much for sharing you lovely layout with us at Get Picky! The colours are just perfect :):):)

Leanne said...

How sweet! And his eyes! WOW!! Thanks for playing with us at Get Picky..x

Keri said...

Love the little bit of lace & trees, and wow, that photo is adorable!!!