My son, Kyle, has his birthday in January which for us it's always school holidays. This means his class party is always about 2 weeks later. He thinks his birthday goes on forever.
I did this page for Get Picky, the photos suited their inspiration challenge - Celebrate.
I struggled with this LO because I really wanted to keep all the photos together to give the memory of how much his birthday involved. In the end I kept the embellishments simple, so the LO wouldn't become overly busy. I'm happy with how it turned out, sometimes a LO has to grow on me.
I have handstitched the strings of the balloons I cut from my paper,
and on the other side placed a calendar tag, backed by some scrap paper I had.
I used a shipping tag, which I stamped with a background stamp from Kaiser craft to add my title, and then I journalled on some notepaper.
Well I'm finishing off here because I'm posting this past midnight; had to get this page done :), and it's time for bed.
With holidays, my days are tied up so there won't be many posts from me till later this month. Just the one from Lollipop Ladies challenge next week. See you then.
6 comments:
Wow! What a great LO!! I love the stitching for the balloon strings! Great idea. Thanks for playing along with us over at Get Picky..x
Wow very cool cake! Great layout too :)
That cake is awesome! Lovely layout - those balloons look fantastic with the stitched strings like that! Very clever! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Get Picky! xo
fab page, love how you did the balloons - thanks for playing along with us at Get Picky :)
Beautiful job - again! :)
1 question tho... what does LO mean?
:)
x Samantha
Love the balloon motif and the AWESOME snake cake, how cool!!!
Post a Comment