Friday, November 4, 2011

Dad and Ella


I have done this LO for the Get Picky inspiration challenge which is just beautiful. It involves my other craft love, sewing. I have used the inspiration for my background with the colours, patchwork papers and sewing. The papers are from Lime twist - Happy go lucky.

My cluster of flowers including the Tim Holtz rosette, prima flower and my homemade flower from the other requirement of the challenge to use fabric. I have tied the button on with ribbon for a change.

More fabric flowers, one from my friend who I spent the day scrapbooking yesterday. I have also did some stamping and added Love with a rub on, it doesn't stand out a lot, but I like it to be subtle sometimes too.

I love this little girl, I have cut her out from Kaiser craft paper -class of '87 . I have also used a tag from the Kaiser craft bubblegum range. I love these tags as you get a lot for a cheap price. I found cute paper clips at the newsagency and find they can just add a little touch to my LOs.

Here is the inspiration picture if you would like to join in. I want a room like this!

After having a whole day crafting with a friend I have a couple more LOs on the way, it was a great way to spend the day.
See you soon.

5 comments:

Marelize said...

Oh, this is gorgeous Elaine. I love how you've combined the blocks of pattern paper and have sewn them together. Sounds like you had the perfect day. I'm looking forward to see the rest of your layouts. :)

Lizzyc said...

Hi.. oh this is beautiful.. the background looks like a pretty quilt with the patterns and sewing!! cute photos too.. well done on the picky challenge!!

Chantal Vandenberg said...

Lovely work! Really like the patchwork background! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Get Picky! :)

Kim said...

I love your sewn edges on this one thanks for playing along at get picky!

Leanne said...

Love all the different flowers!! Thanks for playing along with us..x