Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Scooting along

My blog has been neglected this month. Not because I haven't been scrapping, but because I can't show what I've done since it's for someone.
A great craft day with my friend last week changed that and now I have some LOs done for some challenges.
The first one I've finished is for Sketches with a Twist. I have not done the chevron pattern before so I was eager to enter this challenge. My good friend showed me how to do it with a square punch and cutting the squares into triangles, then positioning them to form the pattern.
For the rest I've kept this LO pretty simple because the chevron and my nice bright papers did enough themselves.
  I have used papers I have had for a while, waiting for the right photos that could use bright papers. My title is from foam letters I found at K-mart for $1. I love finding little bargains. 

I inked this chipboard butterfly from Stuff 2 scrap with pink ink and the journalling is done on a rub on from Kaiser craft which I have backed with a scalloped circle punch. I used a number of them to get the right size. The twist element - 3 identical embellishments; my paper roses.

A little cluster of embellies for the sketch requirement and to add a bit more touch to the LO. 

Hope you like it and I'll be back tonight to do some more posting ☺

6 comments:

Laurie said...

very nice take on the sketch, love the colors you used and what a sweet photo, thanks for playing along with swat!!

The Constant Scrapper said...

I just love what you've done with your layout, Elaine! It's bright and fun, just like your little girl. And the chevron element looks beautiful in those patterned papers. Thanks so much for joining us for the March challenge at Sketches With a Twist. :-)
Janice

LisaB said...

what a great layout. I love pink and orange together!!! Thanks for playing along with Sketches With a Twist!
LisaB ~ SWAT DT

Lizzyc said...

HI.. what a gorgeous layout with bright happy papers.. the chevron looks fabulous! Thanks for joining in at Sketches with a Twist!

Danielle May said...

This is such a sweet layout and wonderful take on the sketch. Those papers and colours are a beautiful compliment to your adorable photos. I love it! Thanks so much for joining us at Sketches with a Twist this Month.
Danie - SWAT DT

Raechelle Bellus said...

Love the pretty bright colors on this! :) Your chevrons turned out well using the technique. thanks for joining us this month!
Raechell- SWAT DT