Sunday, May 27, 2012

A mother's prayer

I am back after a long break from blogging. It's not that I haven't been busy, I have been doing my sewing  instead knowing that I would be heading to a scrapbook retreat on the 24th of May, held by Handmade by Suzanne. I had a great couple of days along with a friend there and have lots to show you before the end of the month.
The first LO to post is one I made for Once Upon a Sketch which was with the journalling about Mum. I chose to do a LO of myself for my daughter's album with my prayer for our relationship; since she is 12 and growing up fast.
I have used one of the webster pages for the background strip. I love their papers. I distessed and inked the background papers and clustered flowers onto a paper doily along with a chipboard flourish. My bunting is made from a punch and twine.

My journalling(prayer). I don't use my own handwriting very much as it's very plain but I wanted to give it a personal touch and with the lines of the paper to guide me, it didn't go to bad. 

I look forward to sharing the other LOs I did over the last couple of days, I might even be back later tonight with another post otherwise I'll see you soon.

2 comments:

Marelize said...

I adore this layout Elaine! Love the journalling and I'm sure your DD will treasure it for years to come. xx

Jasmine S said...

So beautiful and your journaling is just perfect. Thanks for joining in at OUAS :)