Thursday, July 5, 2012

Flowers

Wow, I'm here with a LO and it's only the first week in the month. I'm enjoying a relaxing week at home before my kids are home for 2 weeks for school holidays. It's always that bit busier in the holidays.

I have done a LO for the Let's Get Shabby who are celebrating their 3rd birthday and the challenge was to choose one of their old challenges. I chose challenge 28. If only I could have such a beautiful dining room.

And my LO is of my very caring daughter, Amy, who loves to give to people. She is always making cards for everyone and here she is picking flowers for me. I love her so much.
I have painted the background paper with gesso and then glimmer misted it. I have used a range of paper which I distressed, inked or punched.

A range of flowers I used, some 3D stickers, some paper flowers and my homemade crochet flower with a crochet trim I made using coloured cotton. My title is American craft, fabric alphabet. And added in is cute butterfly button from MME.

It's absolutely beautiful weather here; hopefully it will stay that way for the holidays and I can take my kids out.

10 comments:

Marelize said...

This is so eye catching Elaine! Gorgeous photos and I love all the flowers... especially the crocheted one and that lovely trim. :)

Julie said...

sweet layouy love the flowers. thanks or playing with us at shabby.

Susan Hogan said...

Fabulous layout! Love the flowers and the girls are sweet too! Enjoy your great weather - it was a blue day here mostly but cold and your lot beat my team at Bellerive at the last minute this pm!

jannekevanveen said...

beautiful i love it greetings janneke

Sandy Ang said...

love the beautiful photos on your LO! You showed them off so well

glorygirl said...

What a great layout! The photos go so perfectly with the flowers, paint and selection of colors. Love it!

mandysea said...

What lovely colours! Fabulous crochet trim and flower - suits the photo too! thanks for playing along with shabby!

Gayle Price said...

What a beautiful, bright LO. Thanks for playing along with us at Lets Get Shabby.

JansArtyJunk said...

Fab layout..loving the crochet trim and bright colours :)..Thank you for playing along with us at Lets Get Shabby .

Christiane Courtin-Mangez said...

I love your sweet L.O with gesso, crochet trim and your colours ...

Thank you for playing along with us at Lets Get Shabby .