Friday, August 24, 2012

Beach face

Every summer, we spend 2 weeks at the beach for the older kid's vacation swimming lessons. These 2 weeks are my holidays, where we spend all day at the beach. By the end of the day, the kids have faces to show they have fun in the sun and treats to go with it ☺.
The Lollipop Ladies challenge this fortnight is barley sugar and the use of acetate.
Now for my LO showing my youngest beach face, after a playing in the sand and having a chocolate fruit bar, YUM.
 I have used a transparency for my acetate, they go so well on LOs. The beach shacks are from a Kaiser Craft paper and I have sewn on some buttons for handles.
A flower I made using burlap, scallop circle punch and a button. The flag is stamped and glued onto a toothpick.  I have a new(well for me) sewing machine and it has lots of fancy stitches so I have used the cross stitch to attach my transparency to my LO.

Please join in our challenge and be in the running for a great prize, we would love to see how you interpret this challenge.

1 comment:

Ultimate Whirligig said...

How great are those photos for you to scrap with Elaine :) Great layout, oh and I just noticed the stitching, very nice :)
Michelle