Wednesday, August 15, 2012

cuddle

I have had a very busy couple of weeks planning and celebrating my parent's 50th wedding anniversary but now I have a week where I can relax and even have a craft day planned with a friend.

Now for my exciting news, I have a CT position on the ARTastic challenge team. I really look forward to working with this great team and hopefully provide you with inspiration for each challenge.

So for my first LO as a CT using the following painting for inspiration and using mixed media,

My LO:
 I misted by background using a homemade stencil. Then I had the perfect stamp for my black diamonds like on the painting.
 I have used 2 paper strips which have a textured look along with black netting lace. I also used different mixed media on some shipping tags making them into a bunting. I have put on gesso, paint, glimmer mist and rub ons, not to forget the buttons. 
This cute chipboard love heart is from Stuff2Scrap. I sponge inked it and used some paper flowers.

I look forward to seeing your creations for this challenge so head over and join in.

3 comments:

http://blog.timetocreate.com.au/ said...

Elaine I love what you did for July. All the little details work so well together and add to your story beautifully. From the other newbie Julie

Marelize said...

Wow! This is so beautiful Elaine! I love those tags and your pics are gorgeous. :)

Helene Bogren said...

I love your mixed media tags!! The texture and adding black gives them a very interesting look!

Hope you will love being on the team as much as I do!