Thursday, August 30, 2012

Content

My youngest is a content little girl and it makes it so easy to take her out, even to appointments. I have done a page using a photo of this contented face for Let's Get Shabby. The criteria was doors or windows. I have placed the photo so it looks like Ella is looking out an open window.
 My base paper is Webster's pages - Your Life. Beautiful. I love websters papers, they are always so pretty. I have added to the page with ladybirds on the fence and a button eye for the bird. For the rest I worked around the paper. To create the dimension I cut the flowers on the right side and the leaf at the top left so they would sit over my window panes.
 I couldn't do a window without a flower box. I so wish I had window boxes especially a pretty one like this. I have used a range of different paper flowers.
I created a curtain using muslin and some gold ribbon. I've used little wooden butterfly buttons and stitched their 'flight'.

I really loved creating this scene and it fits Ella's personality so well. I'm up to date with my CT work so hopefully I can get a few more challenges done next month. I always look forward to a new month and new challenges. Till then happy crafting.

7 comments:

Shazza said...

Well done Elaine! I love your take on the window challenge...the window box full of flowers looks fabulous!

Marelize said...

I love how you've used these Websters papers Elaine. The small flowers clustered together like that looks great! :)

mandysea said...

this is such a sweet sweet page. I love the windows!! Love how they look thrown open to reveal the gorgeous pic of Ella behind them, and the row of flowers underneath her... wonderful sewing element too
Thanks for playing along with Shabby!

Gayle Price said...

Very cute page, love how you have made "the window". Thanks for playing along at Lets Get Shabby.

Julie said...

This is a cute photo love how you have scrapped it. Thanks for playing along with us at shabby.

JansArtyJunk said...

Such a pretty layout...love your windows!! Thanks for playing along with us at Let's Get Shabby :)

Christiane Courtin-Mangez said...

How sweet page you've created !!

Love your photo, your window, thanks for playing along with us at Shabby