Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Winter Outing

Hello,
I'm enjoying my scrapbooking this month and that the days are slowing down, giving me more time. Today I have a page for the challenge at Show Us Your Stuff which is a sketch challenge.
I love sketch challenge because I often struggle with the layout of my page, so sketches give me a great starting point.

I have scrapped a photo of my son, who was happy to enjoy the outdoors during the winter holidays. We have a local beach with a great park for kids so it's the best of both worlds for them.
I used strips of paper for part of the sketch and filled it in with embellishments and calendar tag print out. I have also upcycled a clothing tag from Piping Hot.

For my handmade embellishments, I have made fabric buttons and a quick and easy circle. I'm not allowed to call it a flower from my son; he doesn't like flowers on his pages☺.

Tomorrow I'm looking forward to a long overdue crafting day with a friend. Nothing like spending the day scrapbooking with the bonus of company☺. I hope you have an enjoyable day.


7 comments:

Lizzyc said...

I love sketches! The hard work of where to put stuff is done! Love your layout, love the layers!

Paula said...

So, so fabulous! I love your colour combo & the use of the tag...actually, I love all your elements, including your handmade flower ;) Thanks for joining us over @ SUYS this month.

Sandra said...

I love sketches as a stepping stone when you feel stuck. I love your interpretation of this sketch, great boy page, and the lollipop is cute. Thanks for joining us at SUYS.

Alison said...

I'm a sketch fan too, love how you've used this one. My son and I agree to call those 'flowers' lollipops :) Thanks for joining us at SUYS.

Amanda said...

Great interpretation of the sketch - love those non-flowers! Thanks for playing over at SUYS!

Sue Plumb said...

Great layout! You did a wonderful job using the sketch and I love the eclectic mix of embellishments you have used too! (As Ali said above, I call those flowers lollipops too.) Thanks for playing along with us at SUYS. :)

Kylie said...

Great take on the sketch loving the tag - thanks for sharing with SUYS