Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Loved by You

Hello and welcome to September and another exciting lot of scrapbook challenges.
 I have my DT page for you today for the challenge at ARTastic challenge blog,  with this painting by William Knox as your inspirtation,
CRITERIA is a free scrap (anything goes) but we need to know what inspired you (sails, sand, buildings, colours, shapes, location etc).

My page for this challenge is a photo of my youngest with her much loved Daddy,
 The thing that struck me first when I saw this painting was the colours. They weren’t bright but rather olden looking and I loved the feel it gave, a peaceful, loving feeling. So I picked up those colours for my inspiration and came up with this page of my husband with our youngest. The love and peace between these 2 is beautiful. I’ve used the quote to double up as my title.

 I have created a bit of colour to my background using water colour paints. It gives a subtle look and lets the photo and other embellishments shine.

I created a matching tag to my background. I have been busy lately making my own embellishments, tags and flowers and any other ideas I find on Pinterest.

Spring has arrived here in the West of Australia and the sunshine is something to enjoy along with some spring showers. My favourite season, and especially when the sun shines into my craft room.

3 comments:

Lizzyc said...

Really lovely layout, great colours!

Lizzy Hill said...

That tag looks amazing....& I really like the heart with 'adore'....looks so cute and it is SUCH a sweet page!!! It was really fun seeing how we all interpreted this one, this month!!!

yyam said...

It's a lovely layout. I really love the colours here.