I love October, it's my favourite month. The weather is warming up but still some beautiful rain showers to enjoy, school holidays and it always seem to be a month of relaxing.
I begin my scrapbooking for the month with my page for ARTastic Challenge Blog,
It was centred around this gorgeous vintage painting with the criteria for the challenge also being vintage,
I scrapbooked a black and white photo of my daughter with her doll. She is such a doll girl and a cute little mother to them.
I first stuck lace and doily to my background paper then painted my page with gesso so that the lace and doily would become a subtle part of my background. Using mist I finished the background with splatters and a doily stencil. For my papers I chose a vintage line from Kaiser craft and backed my photo with them. And some flowers to finish the page off.
We would love you to pop in at ARTastic and have join in with our challenge.
I will be having a break for a week or two from scrapbooking while my kids are on school holidays. I'm looking forward to spending some time with them.
Till then wishing you all the best.




2 comments:
ADORE how you created that slightly romantic, whimisical bg for your page....love it heaps:):)
This is gorgeous. Love that you have changed your beautiful photo to b&w for a vintage feel. Really , really lovely layout
Mary
Post a Comment