Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Enjoying nature

We had a great family day one time(way behind in my photos) out in the bush after visiting a dam that was overflowing.  The kids had so much fun catching tadpoles. It was nice to see them enjoying God's creation and that is why I have used this song out of the list of my favourite songs - This is the day the LORD has made. The journalling from the August 15th challenge over at Once Upon A Sketch was to include at least 2 sentences of your favourite lyric along with the following sketch:

And this is the LO I completed.

I have used doilies to create my circle background and used a range of pattern papers from my rack. Added a number of paper flowers and some more fimo the kids made. I have also stamped a brown tree onto chipboard, I'm really enjoying the effect of this stamping. To make my title stand out I traced around it with black pen and the added some extra lines, doodling on the actual letters.

I enjoyed doing this sketch as I always do with the sketch at Once Upon A Sketch, and I also enjoy the journalling side of the challenge.

I'm heading off to the scrapbook retreat from Handmade my Suzanne this weekend (wah hoo), so I'll be busy getting everything ready at home for my wonderful husband and kids and packing and will leave scrapping till I get home again. Might have to post some of my LO from the weekend. So excited!
Till then, take care.



7 comments:

Jeni O'Connor said...

Love all the texture in this Elaine. Beautiful hymn you used. Lovely page.
Thanks for joining in our challenge at OUAS.

sandi said...

This is just so sweet! Love your mix and those pics! Tks. for playing along with us at OUAS!

Vicky Varvadouka said...

Beautiful photos and layout!!! I love your little clusters!Thanks for playing along at OUAS!

phamil said...

Oh, what a perfectly sweet and pretty page! I just adore this! Thank you for joining our challenge at OUAS!

Lizzyc said...

this is so lovely! wonderful memories and a beautiful song to sing to remind us of our beautiful world God has made!! i love this!!

Marelize said...

Beautiful layout Elaine and I love your song choice. It was great meeting you on the weekend. Don't know about you, but I'm exhausted today. Hope to see you at the next Retreat. :)
Would love for you to pop over to my blog.
www.mycreativefootprints.blogspot.com

Ella Swan said...

Beautiful layout & what a perfect song to match the pics! Thanks for sharing at Once UPOn a Sketch :)