Thursday, August 11, 2011

Growing up




I just love this photo of my eldest, Justine. I used it for a LO for the Get Picky July Inspiration Challenge #10. I love butterflies and so I had to join in with this challenge. I liked the colours and was going to use that as my inspiration but this LO took on it's own colours. I have used the whimsical feel that I think of when I see butterflies and also used butterflies in my LO.


I wanted to keep the photo the centre of the LO and so I created a frame using embellishments. I have stamped,used rub ons and layered to frame the photo. I have added pearls and rhinestones to add a bit of glammer to the LO.

I used a doily and added a homemade flower along with some paper flowers. The tag is from some clothing.
Another lot of embellies using a different homemade flower and doilies.
The stamping I've done and my wooden butterfly buttons to lead to the photos that lead up to the big photo. I've also added buttons to create the centre of the flower and another small flower.

I hope you enjoy this LO as much as I did scrapping it. 

5 comments:

Nikki xx said...

Thanks so much for joining our challenge at Get Picky Elaine. Your layout is lovely and those butterfly embellishments are gorgeous :)

Chantelle said...

It's gorgeous Elaine - love the stamping to make the frame around the picture - lots of beautiful embellies too!

Treesa said...

very pretty and those wooden butterflies are cute :)

Keri said...

Those wooden butterfly buttons are unique and adorable, and I love the stamping you did behind the photo! Thanks for sharing your take on our Get Picky challenge!

Aussie TM5 Thermomixer said...

love the tiny pics and your scattered flowers and butterflies - beautiful page. Thanks so much for playing along with us :)