Monday, August 15, 2011

Play

I have done another LO for the ARTastic challenge blog. I did a LO on my youngest daughter Ella's first play on the beach. We are often down at the beach but this time she could walk herself which she loved but she also took time out to play with the sand.
For August the inspiration painting and the challenge was:

Diva Demand for an extra 6 bonus pointstry and 
work the following into your layout.

1. Ribbon =  1pt
2. A photo of a child or child playing = 2pts
3. Paint or create your own background = 3pts



It took a while to come together but I'm happy with the end result. I have created my own background by sponging the sky and used a pattern ruler to add the dark inked patterns. I roller stamped the sand with using yellow and brown ink then sponged with a cream ink over top. I have done a title out of foam letters and added rubons throughout the LO. And of course added a my own crochet flower.

My embellies. I stamped these beach huts onto chipboard using Chocolate chip ink. Really love how they came up.  I have added a fabric tag from Kaiser Craft and used ribbon with the tag and also gathered some more ribbon for a bit more texture.

This LO is a second LO to a series of photos and that is why the journalling reads on.  My kids played with fimo in the holidays and made lots of lovely shapes for me to use. I have to get over the 'not what I imagined side' but it does add a nice kids feel to my LOs.

There is still a while for the challenge so go to the ARTastic site to join in.

7 comments:

Chantal Vandenberg said...

Super cute!!! Great layout!

Mrs Rogers said...

Elaine, what a fantastic page you have created,love the sky and sand that you have created especially. I also really like your group of beach embies, they really add to the page. Thanks for joining in this month at ARTastic.

DebiJ said...

Wow Elaine, what a fabulous LO here - your beach scene is just excellent with your lovely photos...gotta love those little bathing boxes!
It is lovely to see you at ARTastic!

Lynnda said...

WOW this is Fabulous and fun layout... love those cutey embellies used... thank you so much for playing along with us over at ARTastic... hugs...xoxo

Michelle said...

Love this page! Just delightful!
Michelle xx

Karen said...

Great LO, Love the stamped beach huts,thanks for playing wiht us this month at ARTastic

Peggy said...

Scrapbooking at it's best!!! I just love your background, your hard work really paid off! Your page came together beautifully!
xxx Peggy