Saturday, August 20, 2011

Little Monkey


As promised, here is another LO. This time one for Stuff2scrap. I am happy to announce I won the July challenge and received some beautiful chipboard to play with. My entry for the August challenge is of Ella and her climbing bug. My first climber and at 2 is still seeing what she can achieve!
The criteria for the challenge was:

  • SUGAR RUSH PINK
  • TROPICAL WATER BLUE
  • SPAGHETTI WESTERN RED
  • PANDA EYES BLACK
  • SOFT SERVE WHITE
Plus I'd like to see chippie on your creation! :)

And here is my LO


I have mainly used the pink,blue and white and then added red in buttons and black in my title.I have little embellishments around the page, some rubons, crochet flower, doily, and some paper flowers.

A chipboard tree with a chipboard owl. For the owl I sponged him with brown and outlined him with a black pen. As you can see, I have added buttons in the tree for some colour. I have added a doily behind the tree which I think looks really cute. The stamping is with a background stamp from Kaiser craft.

Love these journalling blocks. 


The colours made for a bright and cheerful page which will fit in Ella's album quite nicely. Head over to Stuff2scrap to join in.

6 comments:

Chantal Vandenberg said...

Hi Elaine! Oh this is adorable!!! I LOVE what you've done here!!! The bubble tree looks amazing with the doily behind it, decorated with buttons and the owl! The owl has come up a treat with your sponging and outlining! Very clever! The stamping is gorgeous, too! I'm so glad you played along with us again this month at Stuff 2 Scrap and I also got your comment on my blog too - so good luck and thank you! :D

xo

Anita Tillman said...

oh this is beautiful! The little owl in the tree is so cute and the colours work so well with the gorgeous pic of your little munchkin! Thanks for playing along again! xox

Rachael Funnell said...

SUPER C.U.T.E Elaine!!
You have worked with Chantal's Color Challenge Superbly....
The S2S - Bubble tree or should I say Button Tree (LOL)looks Fantastic....
THANKS A BUNCH for playing along with this Months Stuff 2 Scrap Challenge!! xx

Colleen B. said...

oh this is soooo cute Elaine, Chantal's colours were perfect for these photo's!! Gorgeous bubble tree, love the buttons and little owl - thanks for playing along @ Stuff 2 Scrap!!

Heather Jacob said...

sooooooooooooooo cute .. and you nailed the colours ... fantastic page ... hugz x

Lisa Amiet said...

Oh this is just too cute! Wonderful layout, love the chippies you chose too!