Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Helper

As promised another LO. This one I did for the ARTastic September challenge. The inspiration painting and the criteria was:
1. Blue Background = 1 pt
2. White flowers = 2 pts
3. Brown or White title = 3 pts
I scrapped a photo of my daughter, Amy, helping me with the dishes. She loves to help me around the house, in this photo she is 2 and now at 4 she is still asking me each day if there is a job she can do. I'll take it while it lasts.

I found some handmade paper in my stash which I used for the background.I love how it's texture leaves for a simple page. I punched red card with Martha Stewart punch-beaded arcs and place it at the bottom of my photo along with some red ribbon and rafia. I gesso painted the title to make it white and also add texture.

I used paper flowers and my homemade crochet flower for my criteria of white flowers. I have also added a chipboard flower.  I journalled on some note paper, inked the edges, placed it on a shipping tag and placed it with my flowers.

I enjoyed doing this LO and hope you enjoy it too.

9 comments:

Marelize said...

Awww! This is such an gorgeous layout Elaine! The pic is adorable and I just love the handmade paper. :)

amanda73 said...

really love the background on this, what a great take on the challenge, thanks for playing at artastic this month

Mrs Rogers said...

Elaine, you have created a really eye catching page, that handmade paper is a fantastic background paper. Thanks for joining us again at ARTastic.

Shazza said...

Love your textured background :)
A great stand out page....Well done!

Michelle said...

The arrangement of your page is beautiful Elaine! I just love the background paper - so perfect for your page. Thanks for taking part in this month's challenge!!
:) xx

Karen said...

love oyur gorgeous background, and fantastic embellie cluster! Thank you for joining us this month at ARTastic!

Helene Bogren said...

Lovely layout! I love the background paper!

DebiJ said...

What great handmade paper Elaine, & such a deep blue - gorgeous. Love this LO, a great photo with lovely embellies. Thanks for playing with us at ARTastic.

Lynnda said...

WOW... this is beautiful!!!! love the blue... just pops.... Thank you so much for playing along with US over at ARTastic... hugs...xoxo