Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Dear Son

Once upon a Sketch has teamed up with Colour Inspiration Stories this month for 4 fun challenges. I have made a page for the first challenge and really enjoyed it.
My LO is for my son's album, a page of myself with a letter for him. My son has Autism and so it's not always easy but I hope he looks back one day on the special, tight bond we have together. And he so brave and strong each day, facing what is for him a strange world.
 I'm going through my papers and trying to use them so I can't always remember where I got them from. My background paper is from my stash and I was so happy because it suited the colours I needed. For my circle I have sewn a circle around my photo. I have added stamping, misting(which is hard to see on this photo), leaves(on paper and behind brown flower) and flowers. Normally I'm not allowed to add flowers to my son's album but I think doing a page about me is a good excuse ☺.
I chose to do the letter style of journalling as it's a page for my son and I chose to do something different and tea stained my paper and tied it onto twigs. I also sponged brown ink to age the journalling. 

This challenge ends on Monday but counts in the Once Upon a Sketch for the month. Head over for more details.

8 comments:

SD92 said...

Gorgeous page!! I love it :)
And I agree - the flowers will be fine :)

SD92 said...

Gorgeous page!! I love it :)
And I agree - the flowers will be fine :)

Vicky Alberto said...

really wonderful - thanks for playing along with OUAS!

Cathy said...

Beautiful LO Elaine.. your letter journaling on the twigs looks fantastic!! Thanks for sharing with us at OUAS :)

Georgia Heald said...

Such a touching layout =) Thanks so much for sharing with us at OUAS!

Eila Sandberg said...

This is such a lovely take on the challenge Elaine. Thanks ever so much for sharing it with us at OUAS!

Romy said...

This is such a wonderful lay-out: not only because it looks so beautiful, but also because of the heartfelt letter. Thank you for playing along at OUAS!

Unknown said...

What a super sweet layout, how nice to write a letter to your Kyle, he will some day really treasure this, I am sure!!! Thanks so much for joining us at OUAS!