Monday, May 27, 2013

Messy and Funny

Here are 2 more layouts I did on the weekend. It was special to scrapbook my kids while away; I missed them heaps.

This one I did of my son cooling down in the sprinklers one hot Sunday afternoon. I did it for the Scrap the Boys challenge of a grungy/arty/messy layout.
 I used a range of papers and distressed the edges to create a more textured page. I used texture paint with a splatter mask and also stamps and paint to create my background.

 A close up of my texture paint and chipboard title. 

The next layout I had fun doing of my youngest, who will not let us take a normal photo of her because she thinks it's hilarious to pull faces and then check the photo out on the camera. This layout is for the challenge of buttons at Child's Play Challenge Blog. I've wanted to play along for a long time now and finally I got a challenge done.
 I made a banner with the photos to create a fun page. I love putting buttons on my layouts and so this challenge was nice to do.

 My cute balloon which I covered the back with pattern paper and blotted some white paint over. 

Some prima flowers and a chipboard button.

I have a few layouts to put finishing touches to and I'll be back to post them. Even though I did a lot of shopping at the shop Suzanne brought, I also managed to get some scrapbooking done ☺.

9 comments:

Jay Kosta said...

Love what youve done with the balloon, will have to try that sometime!

Julene Matthews said...

Great and colourful layout.Thanks for joining us at Child's play challenges.

tiffany said...

fabulous pair of layouts! Thanks for playing along at Child’s Play Challenges =) Tiffany

Janet M said...

Both of your layouts are just wonderful.
Thanks for creating and sharing at Child's Play.

Devra said...

Glad you finally had a chance to join us at Child's Play Challenges. I love the photos on the twine!

Unknown said...

Both layouts are gorgeous!! I love the arty background for the STB challenge and the photos are super cute!
xoxo

wendipooh13 said...

wonderful page and LOVE LOVE the lil photos on the twine!!! great button usage!!! thanks sooo much for joining us at Child's Play Challenge blog..

karenw said...

Both these pages are just fab!! Love the line effect on the Funny faces page - works so well with a fun series of photos! Wonderfu colours as well. Thanks for playing with us at Child's Play x

Linda said...

so cool!
Txh for joining STB :)