Sunday, June 17, 2012

Real boy

It is hard for me to get posing photos of my son unless he is really happy. This particular day we went to his favourite park and I got some great photos of him, this one being my favourite.
I used this photo for a LO for the challenge over at Scrap for Help. The criteria was to use old metal. I have had the round metal tag from a pair of shoes for a while. I have also used metal tag holders(don't know the real name☺) that I have kept from some other clothing tags.

I had fun with this LO, lots of distressing and inking. I have only used a few embellishments because I was happy with the way the paper looked. I stamped a tag and my misted 'wall' with the Kaiser craft graffiti background stamp. Then I added a brad, some stitching and a stamped fabric button to my tags.

Our part of the world had some storms come through which were pretty rough and damaged the kid's school so I have had them home all week, and with wet weather outside! But it's back to school tomorrow, and I think I deserve some me time after this unexpected break. So more LOs to come, till then happy crafting.

2 comments:

Marelize said...

It's a gorgeous pic of your boy Elaine! Love all the layers and the tag looks great.
Glad to hear that you are safe after that big storm we had.
Have a lovely week.

SD92 said...

Love the photo! It's really nice! And the page sets it off perfectly. Perfect :) xx