The
Let's Get Shabby challenge this month straight away caught my eye because it was different. This month it was:
Something old
Something new
Something borrowed
and
Something blue.
After seeing the DTs amazing work I had to join in.
I did a LO on my eldest daughter sewing her first quilt with a friend who enjoys sewing as much as Justine, so they have lots of fun together.
 |
| I first misted my background paper and then started building up from there. I wanted to bring in different textures as that is what I think of when I sew. I have added felt flowers, fabric buttons, fabric and twine. |
 |
| My something blue(well I've included quite a few blue things) my fabric button. And my something new, some muslin, which I received as a gift from a friend just last month. |
 |
I went to a scrapbook retreat last month and while I was there I was able to borrow a border punch. I fell in love with this button and needle punch straight away, so cute. So that is my something borrowed.I added the thread in the buttons which gave it a nice touch. Something old, the T and 2 which I have had in my stash for quite a while, it was nice to use them.
I managed to cover all the criteria and it wasn't as hard as I thought, there are a few days left for the challenge if you wish to join in. |
7 comments:
looks great Elaine. I love the mix of elements you have used. Thanks for playing along with us at shabby.
So beautiful and I love your flowers, cute fabric button and lovely your photos!!! Thank you for playing along with us at Shabby!!!
Great page love all your details. How wonderful to see these young girls enjoying their sewing so much. Thanks for playing along at Lets Get Shabby.
Well done! Youve covered the elements! Love the photos of your daughter concentrating so hard at the sewing machine! Beautifully scrapped and a memory captured! thanks for playing along with shabby!
Love how you incorporated the stitching elements into your page. A perfect touch!
I love all your details.
It's wonderful to see that your daughters are working with you !!
Thanks for playing along at Lets Get Shabby.
Wonderful LO...great pics...just look at the concentration on your girls faces!...the stitching detail is a fab touch..Thanks for playing along with us at Lets Get shabby :)
Post a Comment