Saturday, September 10, 2011

Cupcake Inspirations

Hello, it's been a while since I've posted. I have been busy shifting and organizing all my craft to a new spot in the house. I went to the retreat from Handmade by Suzanne and while I was there, my husband had organized for a big craft bench to be put upstairs as a surprise. We are renting so it had to be something I could take with me, so he did a bench with bought drawers and next to a few built in cupboards. Simple but I am so happy with it, it's the first time I have my own space for scrapbooking and sewing, 2 of my loves. I will take photos of it and post them soon.

 Anyway back to my real reason for my post, it's not even for me, but for Justine(11).
She made a card this afternoon for challenge #126 over at Cupcake Inspirations.
She has used the toadstools stamp from the Stampin Up set - Funky four, and paper pieced the top of the toadstools. Her first time paper piecing and I also showed Justine how to distress her paper which we did with the white. Justine added a doily and some paper flowers.

I'll be back tomorrow with my first LO from my new work area. See you then.

3 comments:

Rene said...

TOO cute! I heart mushrooms! I think they're adorable!
Thank you so much for playing along at Cupcake Inspirations this week!
Rene :D

Marelize said...

Your card is beautiful Elaine and your new craft space sounds wonderful. Can't wait to see some photos. Take care. :)

Whimsey said...

WOW Justine, what great work; love those mushrooms - great colors too.

Thanks for joining us at Cupcake Inspirations!

Hugs,
Michele