Thursday, June 21, 2012

Happy Day

There are some photos that bring so much joy just looking at them and this is one of them for me. I remember this day, simply leaving everything and going for a slow walk with the girls out in the vineyard letting them explore as much as they liked. Here, Dandelions were picked for Mum; simple things mean so much. I scrapped this photo for the challenge over at Scrap the Girls, the theme being photos taken outside.
I have had this background paper for ages; I'm one of those that doesn't want to use it just in case, but I'm determined to go through my stash and use them. I have added a few journalling sentences around the page, blending them in with the paper for a change.

I'm in love with the range of papers from Simple Stories- Summer Fresh. I bought the paper pad and it has so many beautiful papers and sayings. This title is from this pack as well as the floral paper.

One of the sayings from the paper pad, also the check background paper. I have also done rolled flowers, an idea from a friend, along with rolled gardenias, a new die cut I bought for my cuttlebug.

Hope you are enjoying this last month before we are in the second part of the year. Yipes!

2 comments:

Paula said...

Sweet layout...love your rolled flowers! Thanks for playing along at STG :)

Marisa said...

Fantastic page, and how lovely are the flowers! Thanks for playing along at STG :)